1. January 1st is not the only time to start resolutions. Start or restart one anytime of the year.
The rest are basic and some I've already started and some I can't start until a certain date.
2. Reconnect with good friends and stay connected those who I'm a connected with now. I've already done this by reconnecting with one of my best friends from High School. He lives in NJ and goes to school in NJ while I'm up in VT most of the time. It was nice to spend the afternoon/evening with him catching up and laughing at old times.
3. Don't procrastinate. or Don't put off what you can do today until tomorrow. This I'll probably fail at more times then I want to think about but I'm determined to seriously try not to. Since I'll be going abroad next semester I want to enjoy as much as I can while in another country. If I let my work pile up, I know I won't have fun.
4. Read the latest news, especially technology related news. It is good to stay up with current events, especially in your major so I'm determined to become better educated in world related news.
5. Take time for myself everyday and do something for me. This doesn't mean it has to be alone, but I want to make myself smile at least once a day to remind myself (especially on a bad day) that there is still a reason to smile. Somethings on my list will probably be reading, crocheting, or hanging out with friends.
Resolutions may be hard to keep at times but it is always nice to have them because it makes us keep tabs on ourselves. If we break a resolution is doesn't mean we should give up on it but set a new date (like tomorrow) to start over and begin it again. If it is a particularly hard goal, set mini goals along the way. Maybe even reward yourself for accomplishing your resolution for a week, two weeks, a month, etc. I find this works for me after a long week a mini tasks. I'll put the book I want to read or TV show I want to watch on the back burner until I complete what needs to be done (this helps with my procrastination).
I wish everyone the best of luck on your resolutions! Have a New Year filled with Joy and Love!