Saturday, September 8, 2012

One More Night of Summer

So the summer days are coming to a close, and I'm sad to say that I am going to miss it.  Don't get me wrong I love the winter weather and the snow, but there is just something about feeling the warmth of the sun on my face and the ground between my toes.  To help draw this wonderful season to a close, VITA hosted a beach night.  We headed down to Oakledge Park which consists of a sandy beach on Lake Champlain.  It was the perfect weather, not to hot and not to cold.

This event was a really nice way for people interested in VITA to come get to know those already part of it.  I got to make some awesome new friends while I got to relax and catch up with the old ones.  We enjoyed a nice picnic on the sand while we semi-watched the sunset.  Some people even took a dip in the lake.  It was a very successful evening.
Me and my friend, Sami

The Group
The Sunset

Relaxing on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment