1. Get your work done early in the day so you can hang out with friends at night and/or sleep if you want to.
2. You don’t have to go out every night. Sometimes the most fun is hanging with friends and watching a movie.
3. Professors are the nicest at St. Mike’s. Don’t be afraid to talk to them. They are there for you outside of the classroom too.
4. Get extra help if you need it. Ask around, most likely there is an upper classman or a tutoring session available.
5. Try every club and activity to see what fits for you; you may be surprised where you fit in.
6. Don’t be afraid to try something new, you may enjoy it.
7. Roommates aren’t for life, but be conscious of what you say and do. It is a give and take relationship and any pair can make it work.
8. Don’t think the first person you meet will be your best friend at college, you may not meet them for a couple weeks but they will always be there for you.
9. Place sweats at the end of your bed in case the fire alarm goes off while you’re sleeping. Trust me this helps especially on a cold night when your half asleep and aren’t thinking straight.
10. Don’t be afraid to ask people who live near you for a ride, they most likely can help you out.