Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Warm Weather and Sun

I am having a week of what is unheard of in Wales:  A week of SUN!!  This baffling a lot of people here since it normally is dreary.  I'm not complaining.  The weather for the past couple of days has been in the high 40s (fahrenheit) and sunny.  I've taken advantage of this as much as I've could.  I've gone for a walk every single day.

Last Friday and Saturday I spent some time meandering around town.  I did some shopping on the clearance racks just to see what kind of clothes there were.  (I do admit I found some stuff on sale which I'm excited to wear!)  I also made it out to the Pier both of those days.  It was a nice walk out.
The Pier
The Pier is pretty long which is nice but the scone shop at the far end was closed.  I'll have to venture out when they are open to try some!
The Scone Shop
At the far end you almost look Llandegfan.  I see this through the trees on my walk to class so it was nice to get some clear views of the town.
The view from the tip of the pier 
As I was walking back home I felt as though I was in a movie because of the road I was walking on.  There were stone walls on both sides and everything looked staged.  It was pretty cool!
The road I walked on
I saw a small dirt path that led towards the water.  I decided to venture down and I found a small little beach.  It had an amazing view of the pier from it!
The dirt path

The beach with pier in the far distance
Touching the water
A better view of the pier
 What I didn't realize was that it was high tide and the small beach was really part of a larger beach which connected further down the coast where I went today.
The full view of the beach
Afterwards I had some time to kill so I ventured back up to a field which I also found this weekend.  It is really popular for dogs to be able to run around and people to just hang out.  I ended up sitting there trying to read but I kept getting distracted by views and dogs playing.
A Stonehenge like structure in the field
A panoramic view of the field


No comments:

Post a Comment