St. Mike's has a lot of great resources for students on campus. The place I have found where I fit in is the Campus Ministry department on campus. I have made so many great friends and had so many great experiences. I have comprised a small list of experiences I have had:
1. Family and Friends in Faith: This is the perfect opportunity for students who don't live close to campus. Students and families part of the worshiping community can sign up at the beginning of the semester to be matched up with each other. The family is there for the student if they need something while on campus whether it be for a home cooked meal, "family time," or anything any other thing a student may need. I have a family and it is nice to be able to get of campus for a night and have some "family time."
2. The Chapel: I love having the Chapel on campus. There are two masses during the school year one at 11am and 7pm. At mass students have the opportunity to sing in the choir, Lector, Eucharistic minister, Alter Serve, and become a collector. Also, there is an Upper Room in the Chapel where I love to go and work on homework or meet up with friends and hang out.
3. Retreats: The Campus Ministry department offers many retreat opportunities over the course of the semester. There is LEAP which is based around spiritual and community growth. There is Emmaus which is a spiritual and self growth. Besides these two, if you become involved in Campus Ministry, there are more opportunities to go on retreats not part of the school, but that the ministers come across that we may be interested in.
4. Family: Those who are part of the Campus Ministry department are like a family. We are always there for each other. We go support each other at events, give each other hugs when we see one another, and help each other out when needed. We have made our own family so we know we have people we can turn to.
5. Fun: We have so much fun. Around Christmas we have a semi formal where we all dress up and spend the night having fun and dancing. For Halloween we have a pumpkin carving night. We also try to have a picnic once a year down by Lake Chaplain. The other fun we have is normally spur of the moment and crazy. We will gather on our own and watch movies or bake cookies.