Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dancing the Night Away

Last Friday night helped start off this semester with a bang!  VITA hosted their annual Snowflake Semi.  Being part of the leadership team I helped with some of the planning.  I do have to say that most of the credit goes to my two great friends, Alex and Kate.  They planned the decorations, food, and music for the entire evening.  I don't think it would have been a success without them.
Kate, Me, Katie, and Alex <3
 The week leading up to this event was probably the most exciting.  It was when everything started flowing together and we couldn't stop talking about.  I had my dress picked out and shoes ready for the night.  I couldn't wait!!
The Center Pieces - hand crafted by Alex


The night of the event started out with us running around trying to make sure we all looked pretty.  It was a bit hectic.  When we arrived at the event (after Alex and Kate did a marvelous job decorating) we realized the fondu fountain wasn't working :-(  Oh well, we just had a big bowl of melted chocolate instead.  Once we got the music started and guests arrived we hit the dance floor for the rest of the night.  Kate put together an awesome playlist and our lovely faculty adviser, Anna, kept the appetizers stocked.
Dipping veggies in the chocolate
 I would have to say the night was a success.  I can say this for myself because I slept really late on Saturday (and I normally don't).

No comments:

Post a Comment