Tuesday, May 3, 2011

P-Day

So this past weekend I experienced my first P-Day.  It was super fun!!!  Everyone had so much fun and got some color on their faces.  We lucked out so well with all the rain we’ve been having for it to be such a beautiful day.

Friday night started off P-Day with a BBQ on the 300s Field.  It was super nice to sit out on the grass and enjoy some good food.  After, there was a talent show in McCarthy hosted by the MLK Society which was loads of fun.  I’m so glad my friends and I got there early enough to get seats because people had to sit on the floor.  There were so many wonderful talents and performances that night, I’m so glad we went.  Some of the performers were the Celtic Knights, which is SMC Irish Step Dancing group (I will be joining next year); the Aca Bellas; a friend of mine, Maggie, who sang and came in second; and many more wonderful performers.

I woke up kind of early on Saturday because I was excited for the Tricycle Race!!!  I had won a trike at the Quad BBQ for freshmen on Thursday nights so I entered a team.  My team ended up losing miserably but we had so much fun doing it!!

Gearing Up for the Trike Race!!
One of my teammates and I with our trike after the race
Later, in the afternoon my friends and I headed out to the 300s Field for some food, inflatables and fun!!  I tried every inflatable and didn’t want to stop.  I felt like a five year old with all the inflatables and fun my friends and I had. 

One of the inflatables was an obstacle course and I decided to race my very fast, very agile friend.  She ended up beating so quickly that she was relaxing by the time I got to the other side.  Oh well, I had a bundle of laughs anyways.

Here is a video of my friend and I (in the yellow shirt) in a giant Q-Tip War:



After all that yummy food and inflatables, there was a comedian that night in Ross:  Christian Finnegan with Kevin Anglin ’08 opening.  I heard Kevin in the fall and he was very good and I’m so glad he came back.  Christian was also great and I’m glad we went.

Right after my friends and I headed to midnight breakfast in Alliot which was super fun too!! And yummy :-)  However, we realized we were exhausted and headed home for bed.

I already can’t wait for next year when I’m going to convince my friends to make shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment