Friday, May 13, 2011

End of My First Year


So I made it!  I survived my First Year of College.  I’m sitting at home now staring at the piles of boxes from my dorm life trying to figure out what to unpack and what can stay boxed up.

This past week has been probably the most packed with things I had to get done:  studying, packing, and saying goodbyes.  It was one of the saddest times too because I’m not going to see my friends for a couple months, but it will fly by because in the end we exchanged Skype and began to make plans to visit one another.

I did discover some tips for finals week.  One important thing I realized is we need to take time for ourselves and do something stress-free.  St. Mike’s has a stress-free night the Friday before finals which is helpful.  There was music, messages, and henna tattoos (which I got as joke to trick my parents but they didn’t fall for it.)  Another activity my friends and I did was a frosting fight.  It was one of my friend’s birthday and we wanted to have some fun.   
We were covered with frosting when I realize we got locked out of my room and had to find the RA on duty to let me back in.

I was super excited to see my parents on Wednesday after my last final.  They brought me boxes to pack everything up.  My parents took my friends and me out for dinner which was delicious and a nice way to end the year.

On Thursday once all our cars were packed, we said out sad goodbyes and promised to call each other a lot over the summer.  And my friend Aubre and I held that true because once we started unpacking, we Skyped with each other.

Check back!! I’ll update you on my summer and post tips for college :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment