Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Love at St. Mike's


Everyone apart of St. Mike's always mentions how thankful they are for the closeness and love that comes from the community.  This is one of the greatest aspects about St. Mike's.  No matter what goes on in my life I know I have community which has a continuous out-pour of support and love for me.  I was reminded of this especially over the past two weeks.

Two weeks ago about this time I was studying hard for final exams.  It was a grueling task, one which I wish we could all just click our heals and be done.  But I made it through!!  That is with a little help from my friends.  Since St. Mike's is a resident campus and most students eat in Alliot, my friends and I coordinated meal times to help de-stress after studying or taking a final exam.  Alliot even covered their tables with paper one night and put crayons out so we could color while we ate!  During the long week some clubs or departments put out cookies or hot chocolate in random places on campus for students to enjoy.

The weekend I got home was relaxing with my family and I procrastinated on unpacking but it was nice to just spend time with my parents.  However, as the week progressed I kept getting hit with sad news.  I stayed strong for most of the week but come Thursday night I broke down.  I was reminded this week on how short life can be and how much my friends mean to me.  I sent out a mass message Thursday night to a core group of friends at school telling them about all the saddened news and how much they mean to me and how thankful I am to have them as friends.  Well, what I received back by the next day (and I wasn't entirely expecting) were notes from each one of them.  All expressing thanks for the reminder and how much they love me back.  It has given me the strength to press forward after this hard week to smile again and make the best out of situations you have no control over.

I thank my friends at St. Mike's for always given me a place to turn to when I need a shoulder to lean on.  I don't know what I would do without all of you guys.  You guys are my rock and I love you all so much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment