Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Giving Thanks

I've always loved Thanksgiving.  Growing up,  it was the holiday I got to see family and enjoy good company.  I always love seeing family and hearing the stories from the past.

What is really fun is that St. Mike's throws a Thanksgiving Dinner the Thursday before Thanksgiving.  They serve all the normal fixings:  turkey, gravy, mash potatoes, corn, peas, and stuffing.  They serve a ton of different desserts:  pumpkin pie, apple crisp, cheesecake, and moose. 

My over stuffed plate...yum!!
I always am thankful for this delicious dinner.  My family recently started a tradition where we have homemade lasagna and meatballs.  My aunt makes really good lasagna but I do miss the traditional food.  To make up for it my mom made turkey shaped cookies.

Gobble Gobble Gobble
I'm also grateful for this Thanksgiving break because it is the first time in the semester I make it home.  Living about 6 and a half hours away I don't make it home usually for the four day weekends.   I was so grateful to see my parents and sleep in my own bed.  Coming back to St. Mike's was a bit hard but I got to see my friends and hear stories about their trip.  And now I'm refreshed for the two week push before finals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment