Friday, September 9, 2011

VITA

Tracy, Me, and Katie on the beach!!
One of my favorite groups that I am part of is VITA.  This is my second year part of this wonderful.  Most of my closer friends are also part of this group.  For those of you who don't know what VITA is, it is a group of students who are adamant in their faith and want to deepen it through prayer and discussion.  We run programs throughout the school year.  

Along with two of my good friends, Lauren and Alex, I help run one of the large weekly group meetings called LINKLINK is a group that combines discussion, meditation, music, and prayer to help bridge a gap between out faith lives and our personal lives.  It is a way to find help to bring God into our busy college lives more throughout the week.  LINK is a community, and we are here for one another to talk, learn, and listen.  It does not matter where you are in your spiritual journey; we are all in different places.

Me and Katie Candle Stick Bowling

This summer through VITA I was lucky enough to participate in an Evangelical Retreat on Cape Cod
While there I got to meet many amazing people from other colleges in the area whom helped us come up with ideas for VITA this year.  We also had time to spend on the beach and go candle stick bowling which helped in our bonding experience.  It was my first time candle stick bowling and I loved learning and did pretty well for my first time.
I’m not much of a beach “go-er” but I loved spending time there bonding with everyone and building more lasting memories.  The first day we walked and ended up walking back in the rain, getting drenched :-P The rest of the week we drove ourselves as not to let that happen again.

Our Drenched-ness

One other cool thing about this retreat was we stayed in a house built in 1766.  It was a bit creepy at first because the walls, windows, and floors were slanted but we all grew to love it and didn’t want to leave in the end.  It also had a huge front yard that was large enough to let us have an exciting game of kickball on our last full day there.

I know this week will help me next bring more insights to VITA and I’m so glad I took advantage of this opportunity.  I'm excited for more opportunities like this one to come like the retreat at  Saint Benoit-du-Lac in Quebec this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment