Sunday, October 6, 2013

Enjoying Fall

One of my favorite things about living in Vermont is the Fall.  I love when the trees are shades of reds, yellows, oranges, and browns.  I think it is one of the prettiest things nature does.  Watching the changing colors, apple cider, and pumpkin make it enjoyable.

I'm taking a Physical Geography class this semester to fulfill one of my required courses.  I originally took it because it was something different from what I ever done in the past; however, I am enjoying the course a lot more than I thought I would.  For the first third of the semester we spent it talking about weather and the changes which happen seasonally.  Our lab on Friday was a field trip to the Proctor Maple Center Weather Station.  It was a beautiful Fall day with a little rain.




It was pretty cool to see all the weather equipment in action due to the light rain.  A handful of the equipment was used to track rainfall and sediments in the rain so they clicked on while we were there.  It was a good afternoon.

Yesterday, I went to my very first corn maze.  It was a VITA run trip and you can check out my friend, Alex's blog to hear her take on it all!  I enjoyed the afternoon once I found the place.  I had driven one of the St. Mike's Vans and ended up getting lost, badly.  But I found it with the help of my passengers!  Anyways we got to the corn maze and had a blast!  It was another perfect day and quite warm as well so we didn't need a jacket.

There was also a small harvest carnival at the farm as well so we spent some time there.  There was some delicious ice cream, apple cider, and cider doughnuts as well.  It was a great weekend for experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment